Saturday, August 14, 2010

God's Hands and Feet

For those that follow me on FB and my blog, I lack answers. The outcome of Fonteyn "Fawn-tain" is still in a holding pattern. My income is not matching my living situation and don't see roommates coming in the near future to change that. Seeking God's direction in that process. The whole year so far has held so many changes in how the schooling system is working here in Swaziland, the staff at Children's Cup has lost Gugu and several other people have moved on for various reasons, my home church has had significant changes and the economy both in the US and here has been rocky to say the least. You want to have the answers, to understand what the future holds. It is our nature. But you know what, God knows. God has the answers, and when it is time (if it is for me to even know), He will share with me.
In the meantime, I need to do and be what God has given me the answers for. Be His hands and feet and teach the younger generation that. So, although I am happy you share in my struggles, I want to praise God and share His victories!!! Friday, Aug. 6th the older Mangwaneni "Mawn-gwah-nay-nee" Bible Club kids went to assist a disabled gogo (grandmother)
and mkulu "mkoo-loo" (grandfather). She had had a stroke 10 years ago and has little use of one side of her body and he suffers from diabetes. They care for 5 grandchildren, one who attends the CarePoint preschool. She is pretty much housebound and he is unable to work like he use to.
The children brought firewood, cleaned the yard, cut the grass, then sand and prayed for the family. (Notice the sweeping is done with sticks tied to gather and cutting the grass is done with a blade swung back and forth.)










It was a hike to get there but a fun way of teaching kids that no matter what, they can be the hands and feet of Jesus. (For all the pictures with captions and explanations, check out my FaceBook album under Sandra Sparks Chesterman.)


No comments: