Sunday, December 26, 2010

Comfort and Joy!!!


MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

I know this comes after Christmas but I pray you celebrated the birth of Jesus in special ways. Although unable to be with any of my family, biological or church, I was able to celebrate with my missionary family in Swaziland and had a great day after a hectic season! God continues to reveal His gift of love and sacrifice in new ways every year!






Our theme for the Christmas celebrations this year was comfort and joy. When sharing about God at one of the parties I asked a group of children, “Did you know that God wants to comfort you when you are hurting?” and a girl looked at me with sincere eyes and said “No”. My heart melted as we discussed how much God loves each of them and wants them to pray and let Him know when they hurt so He can bring them comfort.






The children here have such hard and difficult lives. The parties are the only Christmas celebration most of them receive. Thank you for supporting me and letting me be here to share His love.

I pray that 2011 is full of blessings and joy and more awareness of God at work in your lives!!

I know He has been growing my awareness of Him and how blessed I am!!!

Love and hugs to one and all!!!

2 comments:

~kristi said...

I read all of your posts, and I am sorry that I do not always comment. Lately been reading blogs with an infant feeding in my arms, so then I forget to go back and comment when my arms are empty. You inspire me so much and I am so glad you are there being His hands and feet.

Sandra said...

Thank you! I didn't catch that a comment was added until today and I really needed the words of encouragement. Thank you! Sometimes it is hard to see the progress when some days you feel you are just being spun around and getting nothing accomplished. I pray today goes better.