Saturday, December 29, 2012

Christmas Memories

As I look back at my Christmas' past I remember fondly of the trees, the stockings, special gifts, traveling to relatives, family Christmas Eve bingo ( a Sparks family tradition), grandmother's home made rolls & fried okra, talent shows (a Chesterman family tradition), and birthday parties for Jesus. What do you fondly remember?
My more recent Christmases have changed. Being on the other side of the ocean and away from family, winter snow, commercials and sales my holiday focus has changed and I am grateful to God for it. I don't want to diminish Christmas traditions or family gatherings, I do cherish them but I also love that here my life and Christmas has become much more basic. My focus can now be more centered on our Savior and His birth. He left glory; heavenly hosts singing holy, holy holy to come to earth. To a simple, stinking stable with no red carpet or royal greeting. To save those whom would never fully understand Him. Those that would not recognize His glory but persecute and eventually crucify Him. And He loved us so much, He loved me so, much that even if it was just me He would have still done it. Unfathomable!

 As "Christmas Day" has now passed, I remember the truth we shared with the children at the parties. 

You can trust God ....no matter who you are, where you are or what your circumstances!











I can celebrate the joy of your Savior even without a Christmas tree or presents or family or snow! I wish you a belated Merry Christmas and may you relish the reason for the season, Christ our Lord and Savior, and trust Him and His daily presence in your life!!!!
Note for those that have visited Swaziland before: The pictures above come from the parties at Mangwaneni, Mbekelweni, Mayenjane, Section 19 and two new sites in South Africa-Badplaas and Mahushu.

No comments: