Saturday, October 26, 2013

When Your Life Takes An Unexpected Turn


If you had asked me 10 years ago, I never could have even imagined being a single missionary in Africa. In fact I would have laughed at the thought of it. But here I am and I feel blessed and thankful for God's faithfulness on this journey. Having been with Children's Cup for 6 years I can't imagine being anything else, but evidently ...... God can!
As of the end of this year, I will no longer be a Children's Cup missionary. God seems to have other plans. I still support Children's Cup and their amazing work with orphan and vulnerable children throughout Southern Africa. However, like Paul and Barnabas, we have chosen to minister differently and take different roads.
I was not planning this and honestly, my world felt upside down at first. This is not an easy decision for either side but I am fully at peace that God was and is totally in this. I am not sure who I will be partnering with next year, but I do believe God has confirmed to me to stay in Africa and to continue using my passion for children as well as my gifting in administration.
On the practical side, my email is changing to sandrachesterman07@gmail.com  and my support that was going through Children's Cup will need to be changed to World Outreach Ministry which is www.WorldOutreach.org/donations  (then just select my name to donate online). Their mailing address would be
World Outreach Ministry
P.O. Box B
Marietta, GA 30061
And designate it for me.
 They are an administrative agency whose ministry if being the office support for missionaries in the field from a variety of organizations. They are a 501 3C and will be issuing charity receipts for all donations made under my name. I will pass on the new information as it is fully in place next week.
Please lift me in your prayers. As I said, I know that God's hand was in this change but I am unsure of what the future holds. My focus at the present is to finish the year strong with Children's Cup and to assist in making it as smooth a transition as possible. I love the children and workers at our different CarePoints and want them to continue strong. I will also be connecting with other ministries that I know of and praying for confirmation of which one I can serve the best.
For anyone else whose lives are taking unexpected turns, hang in there. If I have learned anything in these last 10 years, it is to trust Him and obey no matter what. The turn will probably send us on a incredible journey beyond what we can imagine our lives will be like 10 years from now.

2 comments:

Jennifer Griffith said...

God always blesses his children when we chose to "obey" instead of trying to "make sense" of what He calls us to do. Abba Father, thank you for your daughter, Sandra, and her heart to serve you. I ask for your Light to shine bright upon the path you desire for her to take. May your favor-- far greater than "First Class" seating on an overseas flight-- rain upon her, so that all she has to do is rest and drift toward the shore you've prepared for her. In Jesus name, amen

~kristi said...

Wow, big news. I'm sure God has big plans for you. We love you and will get the paperwork switched over