Saturday, May 23, 2015

For Now....

Wow! I've been living (not visiting) in the states, (Broken Arrow, Oklahoma to be exact) for just over 2 months now. So I think it is time. Time for me to share a bit of my new journey.



I have peace. Peace that my time in Africa was up. But what I don't have is answers. I honestly don't know why my time in Africa was up or my time back in the states needed to begin. I thought I did. I thought it was because my mom would be needing me. That belief probably made it easier for me to leave, but I have now learned it is not why God called me back. My mom might be 80 (almost 81) but she is very capable of caring for herself. She does have some short term memory issues but it is not expected to progress and in fact in recent neuropsychological testing, she scored in the "very superior" range in her nonverbal and "superior" in her verbal. Even in areas of issues she only dropped to "average" or "mildly impaired. All that to say, she is far from needing my "help".


So, I have no clue to God's plan for my long term future. I do know that He has grown me A LOT in my faith journey because before I went to Africa, I couldn't function without a plan, without knowing the reason behind it all. But I can function. I am not frozen in the limbo but able to embrace the now. For now, God is stretching me. Now God is having me LEAD (I prefer to say facilitate) 
a women's bible study.


 For now, God is helping me prepare to teach a WHOLE week at YWAM in July. 

For now, I am helping a friend write the book she feels led by God to write.



For now, I'm not sure what the future holds. I just am confident who holds it. 


That's all ...... for now!


No comments: