Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Jordan and Natalie

Wow!! So much to tell you about! (I did not fall off the face of the earth but between lack of internet and being extremely busy I haven’t kept you up to date—sorry!) Let’s try to blog in order. Jordan and Natalie have arrived!!! (Okay they arrived 2 weeks ago!) For those from the Oasis you will probably be relieved to hear that Jordan is here and fine. He came in with Ben and his family and the other intern, Natalie. They have hit the ground running. Our internet was down when they arrived and then on Valentine’s Day we moved our office –one of the first jobs they got roped in to!! (Needless to say the internet satellite had to be moved and reset up.) On the following Sat. a team of 37 women arrived and they both jumped in and helped wherever needed! Jordan has been a work horse. Jordan lives next door to me with Patrick and Natalie moved in upstairs at my house. They have both gotten sunburned (tried to tell them to use sunscreenJ), nothing severe. Natalie is very health conscious and hates clutter. Okay, my friends and family who know what a clutter bug I am, stop laughing and just pray I don’t drive her crazy—she’s here until November. I’m working on doing dishes promptly and trying to confine my clutter to my room. All kidding aside, they are both great individuals, energetic, on fire for God and eager to serve. It is going to be great having them both here. It was great to get a few things from home so I thank Jordan and those who bugged him to squeeze it in his suitcase. He also brought a DVD my son made that was so special to me. They are already both driving on the left side of the road, taking lots of pictures and video, and are getting started working with the youth in Mbabane. I finally got photos of them. Jordan is helping a cook pick out the "bad beans" before cooking them and Natalie is loving on a child at the Zombodze CarePoint. They are both a great blessing and addition to the Children's Cup team!!

1 comment:

ashpuck said...

Thanks for the update. I was starting to wonder what they had done with you ;o) Thinking about you always. Ashley