Friday, January 16, 2009

I planned to spend holiday updating my blog but instead I have been working at our closed offices remodeling, organizing and decluttering! I have barely had a chance to get on the internet, let alone blog, but I am taking the time tonight to stay at the office and finish updating Michael's great Christmas with me. The pictures make me smile. Shame he is busy at school and not having as much fun as we did a few weeks ago. Here are the rest of the highlights.
We went with the Brennans and visited Bulembu (Boo-lam-boo).
It is at the top of a mountain where it houses an orphanage and several group homes for children. Some of the children preformed for us. Below is Randy, Karen and Michael. Shelly, their daughter also joined us.










It also has a little hotel. Check out the toilet paper holders in the women's and men's bathroom. Bet you can tell which is which. :)
During Michael's stay we went on a couple of hikes. The first one was over a river and through the woods and up the rocks at Emafini. Michael jumped rocks, I took off my shoes and waded across the path. Mike, our new missionary on his way to Zimbabwe went with us and kept us laughing the whole way!
Our other hike was up the same one I did last year at this time and swore I would never do again --- EXECUTION ROCK!! I handled it much better this year although I still don't see how it is fun to hike that far!! We left our house at 6:30 am and started the hike at 8:00 am so it wasn't as hot as last year. The hike include (left to right) Mark, Shelley, Kay, Michael, Daran, Jackie, Nate and Patrick. Michael seemed surprised to find such young, pretty missionaries in the field. He thought they were all old like his mom! :)
Once again I made it all the way up and was thankful to be picked up by the faster ones on my way down! Ask Michael though, it was defininately tougher than he expected.
What is Africa without seeing the animals! I've uploaded enough for now so I will just have to keep you hanging until next week to show you our trip to the Kruger Game Reserve!

2 comments:

Always Love said...

This was the best trip of my life!!! I have also finished reading "The Shack". It was also the most amazing book I have read. I wish I was with you to talk about it with you!! I love you mom!!

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!! SOOOOOOO good to see all your faces. I love you like crazy woman! Butt slap!