Saturday, July 11, 2009

I'm Back!

I'm back in Swaziland and hard at work! I was blessed to be greeted at the airport by several of my African staff, Nathie, Gugu, Zinty and her fiance’, Lu when I arrived. I was then surprised by being taken to local restaurant for a traditional Swazi dinner with several of my Swazi staff, Nathie, Gugu, Queeneth, Bheki and Roger. I felt soooooo special!!!

That was on a Thursday night and then on Friday I went to both of my CarePoints and the office to let everyone know that Make “mah-gay” (mama) Sandra was back. I was told many kept asking if I was really going to be coming back. My teachers at Fonteyn said, in a little more blunt manner, that America had been nursing on Make Sandra way to long and it was about time they let go and let her come back to nurse her “babies” in Swaziland. There was also a grabbing of a part of the body (theirs not mine) to emphasize this. Guess you have to have been there to catch the Swazi humor in their statement. No offense was intended or taken and it did make me laugh and know I was missed.

The weekend was the point of catch up on jet lag because by Monday I was back in full swing. My name is now heard over and over in the office “Make Sandra” this and “Make Sandra” that. It is good to be back!

It is cold here though and that was hard to come back from summer to winter. It gets dark by 5:30 pm. The cold and dark makes it hard to be motivated. Now back to internet except in the office. The good news is that Swaziland now has a form (slow form) of broadband I can get on my home phone line and Jessie and I have applied. That will make Skype and email so much easier. Jessie had gotten season 4 of the show “House” and we have been watching that a lot. No will power to watch one episode a week.

The monkeys are still around and have come by the house a few times since I arrived home. They are getting bolder. They are stealing the avocados from our tree though (or the tree on the other side of the fence that drops on our side).

Anyway, I wanted to update my blog that I’m back in Swaziland and busier than ever! I do want to ask for those who read my blog for assistance. What kind of things do you want to hear about? What do you want to see on my blog? More life stories, kid stories, personal spiritual growth stories? What in the past have you enjoyed the most? And don’t say you love everything I write but help me focus on which areas you want to see more of. You can comment on the blog (just need to sign in under a google or aim or there is one other but I can't remember it) or you can send a comment by email or through facebook. Thanks ahead of time for your input and for your constant prayers and support!

Sala kahle! “sah-lah gah-(slur out sides of mouth)lay” (Stay well!)

4 comments:

Tina Cooley said...

What a blessing to hear of your greeting from your swazi family. You are a blessing to so many. Welcome home

Wanda Hopkins McClure said...

I know you're excited to be back, Sandra. I'm glad you made it safely. In response to your request, I'd like to hear more about the kid's stories and how God is working through all of you as His hands and feet and demonstrating His glory. Grace and peace.

Thomas said...

Hi Sandra!

I finally got signed in so I can follow your blog! Sorry it took so long, but I am not computer savvy. It has taken me this long to figure out how to sign up...lol. I would like to hear more about the people you work with, and the kids you serve! I would also like to hear more on what Children Cup is doing is Swazi to impact the community! See ya! God Bless!!!

Sandra said...

I'm so proud of you Thomas now you and Wanda just need to upload your photo!:)
Thank you for your input and I will try to get more of the kids stories in my blog!
Be blessed!