Saturday, July 18, 2009

40 Days of Prayer

I want to thank everyone for their prayers this past week as I and others have been struggling with being sick. I am lousy at it. I snuck into work the first few days for a few hours and started getting others sick so I stayed home the rest of the week. The thankful part was I was not running a high fever or was so bad to just stay in bed and sleep. But I was sick enough to not want to do anything but be bored and tired and lazy. No time for that! Today I'm going to get something done around the house, even if I have to nap in between. Ha!
For fear of spreading my germs, I have not been to either CarePoint all week and I miss that. The children have been working on prayers for the Children's Cup 40 Days of Prayer With the Children. It's start's August 1st and I hope everyone will participate online. Click on the photo below which is linked to the site.You will not be praying for us but with the children we work with. I will be sure to point out if the prayers from any of the children at Fonteyn or Mangwaneni, Mbabane are on a particular day. In this next year we want to take another step forward beyond the supplying of physical needs and speaking of God but in transforming kids lives. Without Christ transforming these children from the inside, this generation will be cursed to the same mistakes as their parents. We have laid foundation of consistency of the fundamentals at the CarePoints but now we are working to find ways to disciple a few kids at each CarePoint who are showing spiritual hunger to know God deeper. Our prayer is that God, working through these children, will start setting examples of making Christ-like choices in a society where the opposite is so prevelant. We want to raise leaders living lives of integrity and purity and searching God's Word for answers. Showing other children and youth that there is another way. And most importantly growing in their faith that nothing is impossible with God! Pray with us!!!

No comments: