Sunday, August 16, 2009

Siphamandla Kunene

So much going on these days but so little time to get on the internet to write a blog. -- Sorry!
I hope all are participating in the 40 Days of Prayer With the Children! If not, please join us for the next 24 days. "40 Days of Prayer WITH the Children"
Today I want to take the time and share with you my little friend Siphamandla "see-pah-mahn-(z slur)lah" Kunene (Goo-nay-nee). He is actually 13 years old though he does not look it. He fortunately lives with both his parents although they make little income. Unfortunately, he had never had the opportunity to go to school because he is the youngest of 8 until he came to the CarePoint. Now he is excelling in his 2nd year there and will graduate in Dec. He is in the center brown shirt below during a bible club.
Every weekday morning @ 8 am at the CUP office, our staff have been joining together for the 40 Days of Prayer. My two CarePoints I oversee, Fonteyn and Mangwaneni, Mbabane are doing it as part of their morning class routine when they do their pledges to the Swaziland flag, the Christian flag and the Bible. I have enjoyed the days I have been able to join them in this. This picture is of them dancing during a praise song and then the other one with Siphamanla singing, he is in the red t-shirt.
One morning, when we were praying for the teachers, I shared with the kids that people all around the world were praying for their two teachers, Teacher Dorah and Teacher Nomvula "No-mvoo-lah" and the other teachers at all the other CarePoints today and would one of them like to volunteer to help us pray for their teachers. Siphamandla did. Now I have asked for kids to pray before and just like in the states someone finally agrees to do it and they whisper a quick couple of sentences, parroting what you had said. I had told Siphamandla that he could pray in Siswati and boy did he pray. I couldn't understand what he was saying as he was praying but I was ready to get the child a pulpit. The Holy Spirit was present and it was awesome!!! Teacher Dorah later translated the fervent prayer that Siphamandla had asked that the "teachers have wisdom". "That they not do anything on their own." He prayed that God would "give them more heart". That He would "give them love so the children can make good results". I definitely could not have said it better! Teacher Nomvula said he comes from a praying family. I can't wait to meet his parents at graduation!
Anyway, the story does not end there. I was so excited about his prayer that I was telling everyone at the office about him and saying "where is the video camera when you need it so we could share it on the website". Then I saw it. If you go to the 40 Days of Prayer link (above) and click on Day 6, there is a clip of a child praying. It is Siphamandla. Then just a couple of days ago I pulled up the Children's Cup web page and would you believe that Siphamandla's prayer letter and his picture (I had several kids at both CarePoints write letters before 40 Days of Prayer started) is on the main page and he was asking for prayer for his teachers!! (And boys wear pink jackets here without a thought of it might be girlish -- it's warm.)
So please check out our own Mangwaneni PRAYER STAR!!!!! And join us in the 40 Days of Prayer WITH the Children. God is AMAZING!!!

2 comments:

Counsellor K. Rantwa said...

Good stuff

Amber Hurdle said...

Love it. Keeping you all in my prayers. xo