Friday, October 9, 2009

Siyabonga!

Just a quick thank you! In Siswati it is siyabonga "see-yah-bone-gah". It is nice to get comments on my blogs and also to realize that I have new followers!! That is just such a special blessing and an encouragement to me! I have found some money to get a few more girls uniforms. They were fitted for and will get to pick up their new school uniforms on Tues. As funds become available we will try to do it for more children next year. January is when the new school year begins. Maybe we will also be able to help with new black school shoes.
Pray for us. School fees are a major burden for the families we work with. The government is going to start offering free public schooling for Grade 1 and 2 in January, which is a tremendous blessing that is hoped to expand a grade each year but the number of children that will start attending this January will make classroom sizes enormous. The government is looking at split schedules and other ideas. Pray that God grants them wisdom for this huge task. Pray that we are able to find ways to support them and help the children we work with succeed in their schooling.
Thank you for your encouragement to me. Busiseka! "boo-see-say-gah" which translates to Be blessed!

2 comments:

~kristi said...

That is awesome! I don't know if u remember me, but i came with Celebration. I was honored to pass out the gifts at the Manzini party. My husband and I are moving forward with plans to return this year, but it looks like we will go straight to Maputo and then to XaiXai. I was so looking forward to the big party, but know God has big plans, bigger than mine.

Geoff Hurdle said...

Sandra, We are only 17 days away from being there! I am so excited. About your green bin in the basement that you gave me to hold on to... Is there anything in particular that you want from it or just whatever I can bring? Respond to geoff@annahurdle.org Hope all is well.......