Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Birthday Away from Home!

A few things usually hit you harder than others when you are a missionary. I know my first year in the field, the fact that my birthday was now in the winter instead of the summer hit me harder than I expected. Instead of being a couple of days before the longest day of the year, it is now a couple of days before the shortest day of the year. It doesn't effect me as much anymore, I'm getting use to it. Sometimes being away from family on special days are hard.
This year I was blessed to be loved on more than I could have ever imagined even though I live on the other side of the globe. As seen in my previous post, I was thrilled to have my mom come to Swaziland for an early birthday present. It was great to get to share my life here with her and hopefully help her feel like I am closer by being able to picture my house, my friends, my work and the CarePoints I work at.
And then my birthday fell on Father's Day Sunday so I got lots of hugs and birthday greetings at HPC church in Swaziland.
And my home church, the Oasis Church, in Loganville, GA included a greeting from me in their bulletin and prayed for me during their services.
Between my home church, friends, and family I had a record number of FB posts to my wall wishing me a wonderful birthday!!! So many, I had trouble getting them all read!!! To finish my day I had two wonderful young friends, Bethany and Tamara who baked me a cake and came over and made me dinner.
I might not have my family or stateside friends with me but that did not stop me from having an amazing birthday on the other side of the world!!!!!
The Lord continues to amaze me and bless be abundantly!!! Thank all of you who sent me birthday wishes, prayers and blessings!!! And thank those of you who read my blog and let me share my life!!

No comments: