Thursday, June 9, 2011

I Am Blessed!!!

Sorry I did not post last month. I would like to give you a good excuse but my only argument is I have been so blessed lately I was unable to find the time! Please forgive me and not be too jealous!
Last month, my mom left the states and used her passport for the first time to come halfway around the world to experience my home and ministry in Swaziland!!!! I have long passed the life expectancy in Swaziland (33.2 yrs quoted in 2010), so for me to have a mother who is still alive was an exciting revelation for most of our staff and teachers. After my mom left, one of our staff commented that she had excepted a frail, old lady that they would have to hold out a hand to help. Another was telling someone "Her mother is soooo strong!! She is stronger than Make Sandra!" (which she is). I took pleasure in telling everyone that my mom will be 77 in July and watching mouths drop open as they said "How!" (which translated would mean "Wow", "you're kidding" or "impossible" in America).

My mom helped decorate my home, took me on a shopping trip to Nelspruit, went to our teacher's meeting to meet all the CarePoint staff, attended our office staff meeting, a missionary gathering, went on community walk in Mangwaneni, helped weed and plant flowers at my CarePoint, went to my missionary ladies bible studies, saw wild animals and went on vacation in cold, wet, yet beautiful Cape Town.
So now you know why I found no time to post. I was out of our office a lot more and was blessed with lots of hugs and sincere words of missing my presence while I was gone. It is so wonderful to feel loved and appreciated . . . and yes spoiled. No one can spoil you like your mom!!! Here are a few of the
literally hundreds of pictures we took!





























































































































































Did I mention she got to meet Ambassador Earl Irving while she was here!

Missing you mom!!! Thanks for coming and sharing my life for awhile!!!!

1 comment:

~kristi said...

that brought tears to my eyes. I would love to experience Africa with my mom.