Thursday, December 22, 2011

Application

Application

Position: Missionary in Swaziland for another year

Strengths: Gift of administration and passion for children

Weaknesses: Unable to do any of this in my own strength and can be self centered and strong willed.

Job Description: Office administrator for Children’s Cup office in Swaziland including payroll for 40+ local staff. Director of Swaziland’s partnership with Mission of Mercy child sponsorship program for the 18 CarePoints and 1,500+ children across the nation. Love on, encourage, counsel and build relationships with 20+ office/church staff as we;; as the teachers and cooks at Mangwaneni CarePoint. Occasionally get to go play with kids, give high five twirls and work with teams from the states.

Salary: None from Children’s Cup. Donations to the ministries of Children’s Cup goes to the ministry and none of it is funneled to missionaries for support, vehicle expenses or living expenses.

I recently found out I cannot pay my way to stay in Swaziland next year. As of January my funding will be cut by more than half and will be below what I need to live here.

My faith is in Christ and in His calling me to Swaziland over 4 years ago. I do not feel He has asked me to leave Swaziland at this time. There is still so much more to be done and so much He is doing!

But it is not by my faith that I will be able to stay here . . . . it is by yours!

· Faith that I am being God’s hands and feet here.

· Faith that the funds I receive I will use with integrity.

· Faith that God has called you to be part of His channel of provision to me.

· Faith that God will honor and bless you and provide for your household as you help provide for me.

Please pray about this with me. God may be calling you to be a prayer warrior and stand in the gap for me and for Children’s Cup. Great things continue to unfold in the Cup ministries and this is just one obstacle that the enemy has laid out there that needs spiritual intervention. God may be calling you to financially assist me monthly or in a one-time gift to cover the next 6 months until I can go back to the states and try to raise support face to face and in churches. I need $5,000 during that time to make sure I can pay rent, utilities, groceries & gasoline to visit CarePoints. I have not been back to the states for over 2 years so I know, unless you have been to Swaziland you feel a little disconnected from me personally. If there is any way I can meet with you when I am in Oklahoma, Connecticut and hopefully Georgia or visit your church, during June and July, just let me know. I love my blog and FaceBook family and treasure your prayers and support. Thank you for praying about it and letting me know what God lays on your heart.

Please accept my application.

Sincerely,

Sandra Chesterman

Missionary

No comments: