Sunday, September 2, 2012

It's Relational!


As I was reading my Bible today about Martha and Mary in Luke 10, I continue to ask God to help me have a Mary heart and not a Martha’s to do list.
What a friend I have in Jesus! Sounds so simplistic, so old fashion but without the relationship, He is either a genie in a bottle or a judge. I want the friend. I want sit at His feet, lean against Him and breathe and feel His heartbeat.
I was reading a book “Same Kind of Different As Me” by Ron Hall & Denver Moore. I keep rereading a paragraph near the end of the book (several years after Ron has lost his wife).
“The pain of losing Deborah still brings tears. And I cannot mask my profound disappointment that God did not answer yes to our prayers for healing. I think He’s okay with that. One of the phrases we evangelicals like to throw around is that Christianity is “not a religion; it’s a relationship.” I believe that, which is why I know that when my faith was shattered and I raged against Him, He still accepted me. And even though I have penciled a black mark in His column, I can be honest about it. That’s what a relationship is all about. Still I can’t deny the fruit of Deborah’s death---Denver, the new man, and the hundreds of men, women and children who will be helped because of the new mission. And so, I release her back to God.”
In the end, it won’t be about what I know about the Bible or what tasks I have done. In the journey and in the end, it is about my relationship with my Lord. Up or down, happy or sad, giddy or mad, understanding or in complete confusion…..He is there. I am in awe to be where I am in this journey!
I trust Him completely!!! If you do not have a relationship with Him, I encourage you to get down on your knees or sit in your favorite chair and ask Him for that! He’s there, He’s listening. Ask Him to make Himself real to you in a way that you can feel His presence. Any honest words will do. And then just share, whether it is your fears, your shattered dreams, your pain….Then listen, let Him show you the next step and follow Him willingly, whether that is excepting Him as your Savior in an intimate not religious way, or taking steps of faith that you feel He is telling you to do or releasing your emotions on Him. It is okay, He’s the best!! You won’t be sorry to be His friend!!! I’m sure not!

1 comment:

Mitch & Charlotte Hildebrant said...

we <3 our relationship with You as you shine like Jesus!