Tuesday, November 12, 2013

"Think less and thank more!"

This started as a FaceBook post but I couldn't stop writing so I switched it to a short blog. Lol!
In my ministry class we are going through Battlefield of the Mind DVDs series by Joyce Meyers and I am rereading her book by the same name. What perfect timing! She says "Think less and thank more!" We need to focus more on the things that are going right, what we are doing right, blessings He has blessed us with and how far we have come instead of dwelling on where we have stumbled, how we have messed up, the what ifs, the anger, the hurt, the worry. 
"Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other." Romans 12:10
I have been continually amazed this past week at how much I can love others and have peace regardless of the circumstances. It is only a reflection of realizing how much my God has loved, is loving and will continue to love me! He is transforming me and it is so cool, amazing and worthy of praising Him! If you only knew me before.......you could see that this can only be God. It is kind of weird to be shocked at how you are reacting or not reacting to situations and know it is not by your will or power or frame of mind but rather something beyond your understanding, something supernatural.
Thanks for letting me take a moment to sing His praises with a thankful heart. I hope it encourages you to see Him in the blessings and progress He has given you! As my ministry verse that I use to describe my journey in Africa says---
"Now glory be to God! By His mighty power at work within us, He is able to accomplish infinitely more than we would ever dare to ask or hope." Ephesians 3:20

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for being so transparent in your blogs Sandra. I'm praying for you knowing full well you are in the perfect place to hear Gods direction. You are an amazing woman!! I thank god for your love to love the unloved and those whom have been discarded. Keep pressing forward taking back enemy ground!!! Love you sister.
P.S.
I like the idea of your own ministry!!!
Kim brasseaux