Saturday, June 4, 2016

I'm a Gogo!!!

THE TIME HAS COME! 

At 56 I have arrived at another new chapter of my life story...... grandmotherhood!!! Wow!!! 
(For those unaware, gogo is Siswati for grandmother.) 
A delicate balance between getting older (a prerequisite) and enjoying the miracle and innocence of life! You might ask... didn't you recognize that miracle and innocence when you became a parent? Barely. It was a fleeting realization before I became sleep deprived, overrun with diapers and laundry and overcome by a sense of responsibility and fear of ruining them for life!!! 
Now, I can sit back and marvel at it and appreciate the preciousness of it all. I now know that all parents (you don't realize that as a new parent) make mistakes but as long as they love and nuture their children, love the Lord and try their best, it is all going to sort.
It only took 3 short days, May 6th to May 9th, for me to go from an ex-missionary, senior citizen to becoming a gogo of not 1 but 3 beautiful grandchildren (the most lovely in all the world...in my humble opinion). God has so blessed me since I arrived back to the states with flexibility, that I was able to spend time with them their first 3 weeks of life. What a gift! Living 12 hours away, I now will start living vicariously through pictures and videos (I love the instantaneousness of technology!) I have to say it is probably good that I live so far away so that the "new" parents can call if they need but not have this strong personality butting in on their parenting skills. Again, they will sort it all out. Differently than I probably would but with just as much love and devotion. So let me introduce you to my 3 new claims to fame!

Ryder Keith Chesterman : 7 lbs 15 oz and 21 1/2 inches long


   


   

   


Analyn Rain Chesterman: 5 lbs 8 oz and 18 1/2 inches long





  



Aralei Gracelynn Chesterman: 5 lbs 9 oz and 18 1/2 inches long





Double the fun!!








Proud gogo!!!

No comments: