Sunday, August 12, 2007

Amazing Freedom


Friday and Saturday I was at the Women of Faith "Amazing Freedom" conference. To think I almost didn't go!
I thought I was going to be too busy getting ready for Africa!!

This is only part of the group that went!

IT WAS AWESOME!!! SUCH A BLESSING!!!

THE SPEAKERS, THE FELLOWSHIP, THE SPIRIT WAS EMPOWERING!!!!

It was the boost I needed to get ready for Africa. I expected spiritual battles and personal struggles when I get over to Swaziland but not in trying to get over there! Oh my! Walking by faith and not by sight is so much darker than I thought! Beth Moore told a story about the electricity going out when she was in the bathroom in where else -- Africa. (LOL). Anyway as she felt her way out of the can't see your hand in front of your face, pitch black bathroom stall and then bathroom itself, expecting to see a ray of light as she went through the door. What she was met was ---more utter blackness!! When she finally heard her husband's voice coming to get her she said all she could do was stand there with her hands out stretched, wiggling her fingers saying "I'm here, I'm here". WOW!! That is so how I've been feeling lately. I don't have peace about doing the "practical" things I and others think should be done to sell my house.
God keeps saying
"It's okay. I've got it covered!"
"But, God I can't see anything falling into place."
"It is. Just step out in faith"
"I thought I was when I said I would go."
"That was the first step"
"But I leave in less than 3 weeks"
"I will provide"
Wouldn't you know, Patsy Clairmont said this weekend at the conference, "We want to say God make a way and I'll step out in faith and God says take the step of faith and He will provide the way!"
Beth Moore spoke on comfort and resting in God of all comfort vs. making comfort our God. I found being practical and logical is my comfort. Ouch! It wasn't hard for me to downsize my "things" as much as it is letting go of the logical and practical things I and others say I should do but God doesn't give me a peace about it. Luci Swindoll said "Show up! Shut up! and Let go!" There it was again LET GO!!!
"For I am about to do a brand-new thing. See, I have already begun! Do you not see it? I will make a pathway through the wilderness for my people to come home. I will create rivers for them in the desert!" Isaiah 42:19 NLT

My other area of growth this weekend is to let go in another area. My emotions. "You can't take the emotion out of the devotion." "We are engaging socially but isolating emotionally!" " We keep from feeling by keeping 'busy'." Ouch!! "Can't bury (deny) your emotions because you are burying them alive."

So, maybe I should have named this blog "Let Go".

Let go of having to "see" what God is doing. Stepping out in faith and putting my weight on each step even though I can't see what is underneath my foot to hold me up.

Let go and feel. So if you see me cry (which they said tears from emotions release the toxins in your body--cool!) just pass the kleenex and say "to heal it you need to feel it".

Only 18 more days until I'm in the air!! Thanks for all your prayers, support, hugs and comfort!

I hear Oasis is having a going away reception for me the Sunday afternoon before I leave. I'll let you know so if you live in the area you can come give me one last hug!

These Oasis "CHICKS" are Dee, Machel and Kim!!!
Have a blessed week! My last day at work (Department of Family and Children Services) is Wed. 8/15. I have so much to get done in those 3 days. With God's help I will!!!

Your co-worker in Christ.

No comments: