Monday, August 20, 2007

Just 10 more days!

It's getting close! Wed. was my last day working @ DFCS (Department of Family & Children Services). It is a weird feeling knowing I will no longer be earning a paycheck and have to rely on support of friends and strangers. I have to get a vehicle when I get there and it is strange to not be able to depend on my own paycheck to figure it out. God has a plan, I might not know it but I know it will all work out somehow.
I had my second garage sale and have sold the last of my stuff that I am parting with, with the exception of my china. (People just don't use china like they used to.) I was blessed with meeting a lot of new people during my garage sale and so many were an encouragement. I hope a lot of these new aquaintences, my co-workers, staff at my doctor's offices and other businesses I frequent and my friends are starting to sign in on my blog. I'm not an emotional person but I will miss them even though I might not shed tears now. I'm sure the enormity of it all will hit me more in a month or two.
Thank you for your prayers and know that I appreciate you all whether I just met you this weekend or I've known you for years. I would be lost without the connections.
For those that are not bloggers but want to keep in contact with me, my email is scmomzilla@aol.com. When I first go to Swaziland, 8/30, I might not be able to get online the first couple of weeks but after I get set up I'll keep in touch.
If you have contributed financially and read this blog. Please email before I leave so I can make sure I have your email address for personal updates.
Also, I want to invite everyone to a farewell reception being held at the Oasis Church (on Hwy 81 & Tig Knight Road in Loganville next to Tara Estates) this Sun. 8/26 from 3-5 pm. Come by and let me tell you thank you in person for your prayers and friendship.
Have a blessed week and see you Sunday (unless you live outside of GA) -- Ha!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You must be excited and scared all at one time. I can't imagine! I am so thrilled to see and hear all that God is doing in your life. A couple of years ago you would never have imagined being where you are now. Wish we could be there Sunday-our prayers are with you. Use my bevburris@gmail.com and our new home is 4614 Bob Wallace Ave. SW, Huntsville, AL 35805
Godspeed!
love and hugs,
bev