Friday, November 23, 2007

Pray for me!

Coming here has been great! The staff and people I have met have been great! My housing is great! The food yesterday was more than great in quanity and quality!

Today though I'm having trouble and need your prayers. The jet lag is wearing off. My computer acted up just before I left and I was advised to reformat it. I have spent the week working on backing everything up and trying to get it to reformat. It would not just "Control" F11 & do it. Then, when I read the manuel it said to hit F8 but it would only "System Restore" so we restored it back to the original date of receiving it but that did not solve the glitch problems it was having. (Thank you for letting me vent this technical stuff even if most of you, like me don't understand it) Today I found someone who took time point out I should have and had the disc that would reformat it. We started it and now it's stuck and won't finish. It's been reformatting all afternoon and it gets down to 29 minutes left and then restarts and goes up to 39 minutes to finish but it never finishes. There has been other frustrating things happening today and I just want to cry.

The truth is that it's probably the point I need to be at for God to work with me. I need to stop trying to "have it all together". So while I go have a good cry and then write you later about all the funny stuff that has also happened, please pray for God to heal my computer and reformat it. He found my drivers license. He knows I cannot function here without my computer and that Dell won't be able to make house calls in Swaziland.

Christy told me to expect God to work on me in big ways! I just didn't expect it to be this soon. Thank you for your prayers and beyond my computers pray that I'm a handle being molded in His image so He can better use me with a willing and humble heart.

P.S. I've had my first thunderstorm last night and you have NEVER heard thunder so loud!! Patrick told me this morning that Swaziland has the most lightning strikes per capita in the world! That wasn't in the brochure!!! It wasn't scary just hard to sleep because it was sooooo loud!

Thank you also for those who leave me comments and email me. I read them all although with glitches it sometimes takes a few days. Just think, tomorrow I will have been here a whole week!!!

1 comment:

ashpuck said...

I wish I had something helpful to say about the computer...all I can think of is "Matt could probably fix it if you were here"...I know that doesn't help. I'll pray in stead. We know God can fix it. Oh yeah, I wish you could send some of that rain over here. Talk to you soon.