Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Thank You!!

The countdown has begun!!! I leave for Swaziland on November 15th, only 8 days away!! I keep consolidating down my world to fit into 2 suitcases weighing 50 lbs each and 1 carry on and 1 personal item (which will probably weigh 50 lbs each!!!)

We had our Swaziland day @ The Oasis at church Oct. 28th and "Oasis @ Swaziland" has been launched!! Dave Ohlerking and Ben Rodgers were the special guests. They were powerful in expressing the need in Swaziland and throughtout Africa and sharing the difference Children's Cup has made and will make. Jabu, who is from the Fonteyn Carepoint where I will be working directly, was highlighted. Her smile even through all her suffering is a true inspiration!!! Her name means "to be happy".

The "Oasis @ Swaziland" is the name The Oasis Church has christened the pledges from families and individuals to fund 2 (not just 1) CarePoint in Mbabane, Swaziland and then also underwrite my missionary work by contributing to make sure my individual support meets a minimum amount each month. WHAT A BLESSING!!! I have my ticket and can't wait to be used by God in ways I would never have imagined.

Thank all of you who have pledged to support me and to The Oasis Church for making sure I have what I need to stay over there!!! I will keep you posted as to the powerful influence your contribution makes by allowing me to serve over there. If you were thinking and praying about supporting me but haven't done so yet, please mail your pledge to
The Oasis Church
"Oasis @ Swaziland Missionary - Sandra Chesterman"
3275 Tig Knight Road
Loganville, GA 30052
(This address is used instead of Children's Cup address so The Oasis Church can more easily track my contributions and subsidize any extra funding needed.)
Thank you!! THANK YOU!!! Thank you!!!

2 comments:

ashpuck said...

Awesome Sandra! I'm so excited for you, and also for the children who will receive your love and care. I can not wait to hear from you about Boy-Boy Otis and all the other kids.

Jean Ohlerking said...

sandra...check with your airlines for specific instructions on weight...usually overseas weight-limit is more (like up to 70lbs sometimes). this would certainly help you get more stuff there!

i'm sure the team is anxiously awaiting your arrival...

dave and i will see you there in february.