Monday, November 3, 2008

10 Things I Love About Swaziland

I don't know if I mentioned that we have 6 teams in a 7 week period and it has been crazy here. The last two teams are here now. Before these teams arrived though, I took a couple of days off to rest in the Lord and renew my spirit. Above is one of the beautiful sites in Swaziland this time of year, the jacaranda trees. This weekend I surprised Natalie (my roomie departing for the states next week) with a Saturday that was special for her. We went walking (2 hours worth) and I took her horseback riding. (Yes, by back end is sore.) But it made me think of all the wonderful things in Swaziland. So many people say you have given up so much (free refills, fountain drinks, TV, WalMart, family), but look at what I've gained!!
MY TOP 10 LIST SWAZILAND (TODAY)
#10 Jacaranda trees in bloom! (it's spring here) Aren't they beautiful?
#9 Horseback riding in Africa! Natalie, Christy and me in the rear.
#8 The view from my house!
#7 Waking up to birds and sunshine out my window.
#6 Lightning displays (picture is of sunset though)
#5 My "sanctuary" chair
#4 The Children's Cup missionaries! What a team!
#3 My women's bible study group! What a support group!
#2 God's hand in everyday miricales! :)
And of course on top of the list ---
#1 I love the kids!!!!

1 comment:

Tina Cooley said...

wow sandra what blessings!!! you are certainly up close and personal. Absolutely breathtaking. who cares about
wal mart when you have the things that matter most. God paints the most beautiful pictures and they are free..