Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Rocks in the road

"Be sober, be vigilent, because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour" 1 Peter 5:7
During my quiet time this morning God gave me a mental picture that was so revealing, I just have to share it and then I will post some pictures of kids from the CarePoints I will be working at. I have to preface this illustration with the fact I have had some financial curve balls thrown my way lately and with no longer working and my support not there yet I can sometimes be distracted.
This morning God showed me a jeep coming down a dirt road and me standing next to Satan by the side of the road. Satan put a rock in the road about the size of a bowling ball. I stood there gloating that our problems aren't that big and the jeep can straddle that and drive over it with no problem. While I'm looking at the rock, God showed me that Satan was whispering in the drivers ear and had him convinced the rock was a boulder and got him to stop the jeep!!! I just wanted to yell, Don't stop!! Keep going!! You're on the right track!! You've got the obstacle cleared!! How often do I stop short because I've bought in to Satan's lies??? Keep me in your prayers as I keep plugging away at getting back to Swaziland.


No comments: