Friday, January 11, 2008

The Lion King

Quick update: My dad ws improving and was out of ICU but is having trouble breathing this morning and might have to go back to ICU. He might be throwing clots into his lungs. He is calm and is on oxygen but is level headed and concious, just having to struggle to breathe. Thank you for your prayers. Thanks to some Christmas money I was able to go with some girls (they let the "old lady" join them) - Zinty, Jacci and Gabby (I have mentioned before) and Kimber and Julia who work with the Southern Baptist Mission Board to Joburg to see the Lion King on stage. What better place to see The Lion King than in Africa with a South African cast!!! I drove one of the two vehicles through the border and into South Africa and to Johannesburg. No problems, stayed on the left side of the road and made it to a restroom when needed and did not have to make any stops to use nature's latrine! I'm so proud of myself.

Anyway, it was FANTASTIC!!! The creativity involved in the costumes, the special effects, the stage design, choreography and lighting was AWESOME!!! If it ever comes to your area or you are in New York you have got to see it!!!! Even guys would love it. My favorite character was Zazu. The puppeteer and the bird were one and interacted so well you forgot that there was a person attached to Zazu. They don't let you take photos so these are stock from the web site but they do not do the play justice.

1 comment:

ashpuck said...

I bet that was an awesome experience! I have always wanted to see Lion King and will make sure to catch the show next time it's in town. I'm glad you enjoyed it.