Sunday, May 18, 2008

6 Month Anniversary

Can you believe I've been here 6 months!! I arrived Nov. 16th 2007. Some days it feels like I just got here and others it seems I've been here for years.

For my 6 month celebration Elevate Team from HPC arrived with a suitcase full of my winter clothes from storage!! Yea, I can dress warm!! (Remember our season are the opposite here and yes it does get cold in Africa especially without central heat!) Even more exciting was the cards from my church friends!! Thank you. I will cherish them and the gifts. I love the neon index cards, salon shampoo & conditioner, the devotional and GVOM DVD, the book and verse cards. I even got a birthday present and cards I can't open for another month. Oh, the suspense!! Thank you for the rememberance. Continue to email pictures. I haven't seen anything of the new youth building. Love the pictures I've gotten and the new members who have emailed me who I have never met. It means a lot when there are days I feel isolated. I will try to blog later this week on the progress on the classroom.

Thank you again and again and again!!!!

No comments: