Monday, May 12, 2008

Pepe Is Out of the Hospital!

Update:
Pepe is back home at the orphanage as of last Thurs. afternoon. (And I am back in my own bed after almost 6 weeks!) I would have blogged earlier but Friday we spent most of the day in line at the doctor's office to get meds straightened out and Sat. was Pepe's Birthday and we had a small party at the orphanage and then I took her to KFC (her favorite place to eat and only "fast food" resturaunt in Swaziland). She is doing great but has a uphill battle, so continue to pray for her. She is currently taking 2 liters a day of a high nutrient formula for malnurished children. Friday she was up to 16 kg from a low of 13 during part of her hospital stay. Here is a picture history of my life with Pepe.
Jan. 2008 when she stayed @ my house.













First day @ the hospital March 30th!
Pictures during stay










Visitors:


Pepe's photos with me:
Night we got the NG tube out (She took picture 0f me in my room.)
Going home (Pepe is being Swazi & carrying blanket on head) (Pepe with me) (Pepe with Make Kate and brother Banile)

Pepe's Birthday Party!

Other kids at the orphanage singing for us:



Trip to KFC
Thanks for indulging me in sharing my pictures of Pepe!! I will be blogging pictures of a picnic we held for the cooks and teachers of Oasis @ Swaziland's CarePoints soon.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

WOW! That is so amazing! Praise God! She looks great! Thank you for posting all those pictures - I love her birthday dress!

Tina Cooley said...

I'm so glad for her and you too. I can tell she loves you. What a beautiful smile. Thanks for making her b-day special.
The pics are wonderful.

Love you girl

kim said...

Happy Birthday early! Did you get your package yet? I love the Pepi stories- there great! Keep up the awesome work-praying for you stateside.............

scott c. said...

That is awsome that Pepe is out of the hospital. What an amazing turnaround. She is so blessed to have you there to nurture her. She will never forget you. I loved the princess birthday you did for her.
Keep up the awsome ministry. Cant wait to come over in Oct.

ashpuck said...

I'm so happy to hear the good news! It looks like she had a birthday she will never forget. You two are lucky to have each other.