Thursday, May 22, 2008

Step by Step

As many of you might know I attend a women's Bible Study and we have been going through "Having a Mary Spirit" by Joanna Weaver. As we are finishing it up a quote from Amy Carmichael's journal stood out as I have been struggling with saying things that edify and keeping my mouth shut when those are not the words I want to say. I've been failing miserably in this area.
"Sometimes when we read the words of those who have been more than conquerors, we feel almost despondent. I feel that I shall never be like that. But they won through step by step.
By little bits of wills
Little denials of self
Little inward victories
By faithfulness in very little things.
They became what they are. No one sees these little hidden steps. They only see the accomplishment, but even so, those small steps were taken.
These is no sudden triumph
no [sudden] spiritual maturity.
That is the work of the moment.
What comfort that has been to me, to realize that I am changing. That I am better than I was a year ago at keeping my words in check and and I can look forward to continue to improve as I take each step, each little victory. May we each continue
"Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Philippians 1:6.

1 comment:

Tina Cooley said...

I needed to hear that today. The mission for God's purpose extends to the other side of the world. Thank you for ministering to me today.

Blessings to my sweet friend