Thursday, July 31, 2008

40 Days of Prayer


As we start the 40 Days of Prayer, tomorrow August 1st, for Children's Cup, I encourage you to join us through the link above.

Lately I've been reading through Ephesians in my quiet time and God has been highlighting some verses each day that I can't help but put on note cards (bright colored ones thanks to my gift package) and to meditate on. I felt incline to share them with you. Prayer is a powerful tool that enables us to unleash God's power and give us clarity in even our smallest choices."Now glory be to God! By His mighty power at work within us, He is able to accomplish infinitely more than we would ever dare to ask or hope." Ephesians 3:20

"Make the most of every opportunity for doing good in these evil days. Don't act thoughtlessly, but try to understand what the Lord wants you to do." Ephesians 5 :16-17
(Note: This says WHAT not WHY)
August 1st is a prayer for the healing of Aids. Read my old stories or those of the other missionaries and know that Aids is a daily reality here. Although HIV status is confidential and not everyone has the disease, odds are one out of every two people you speak to has it, whether they know it or not. The illnesses and the ramifications related to the disease is rampant. Read Ephesians 3:20 again. May God grant healing beyond what we ask and hope!!!!!

1 comment:

Tina Cooley said...

You are such a blessing to all of us. Thank you for sharing I love you my sweet friend