Monday, August 25, 2008

Pepe Update

I was at the orphanage last Saturday for a workday with my church, HPC. I was there again the next Wednesday because it was Banele’s (Bah-nay-lay) birthday. Banele is Pepe’s younger brother. He turned 10. At the workday we helped plant a garden and on Wednesday we played and ate cake.
Pepe looked fantastic! She now has her head shaved like the other Swazi girls which makes it much easier to care for. She is taking her meds regularly and looks fat and healthy. She was laughing and playing and chattering!!! I have never seen Pepe talk so much. Thank you Lord!! He has a plan for her and I will continue to be inspired as it unfolds. This next school term it looks like Pepe will be able to unofficially attend school and then start back officially in January (when the school year starts here). Just pray her lungs will handle the mile walk to school daily.

1 comment:

ashpuck said...

What a great update! I'm so glad to see her smile.