Thursday, August 14, 2008

Where's my Victoria?

I was going to blog about Victoria but Christy Merrill's take on her blog was so much more entertaining.
“As if my day wasn’t bad enough,” Sandra said. “ I pulled into the gate to find 3 big dogs in my yard and a pile of chicken feathers,- no Victoria.”Shame. She loves that dumb chicken.Ring ring“Never mind. She’s in your yard. I don’t know how she got through the electric fencing, but she’s there. Take Bethany home with you and she will bring her back.”And so that’s what I did. I took Bethany home with me to rescue a pet chicken that had flown to coop to escape 3 big dogs that had mysteriously gotten into the yard. Only in Africa."

Update is that Victoria is doing fine. She hasn't started laying eggs again (that I can find) but she has again started to roam in our yard during the day. No more dogs; Patrick filled in the hole under the fence that the dogs used to sneak into our yard. Victoria has become quite the celebrity though. The first thing all new visitors or missionaries ask when they come to my house is "Where's Victoria?" Maybe I should start selling autographed pictures to raise money for the CarePoints!!! :)

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Sandra, You definitely should. You would make a killing- no pun intended towards Victoria. :)