Monday, August 25, 2008

Never Too Old to Learn!

One of the things I do to relax is to crochet. Those who know me know I learned how to make an afghan and that’s all I really knew how to make. Thick yarn is hard to find in Africa and the little I brought wouldn’t make an afghan. I was frustrated.
Then Bethany came here for 6 weeks. She loves to crochet and in fact earned money to come on her mission trip by making and selling “toboggans”. And she taught me!! You are never too old to learn! Check these out. These were my first efforts. (I know, I don’t wear them right- should be down more over the foreheadJ)
Anyway, winter is almost over here but it will be a big hit next winter!!! Maybe I can teach my cooks to crochet and all the kids at the CarePoints will have something to keep their head warm!! I better get busy, that will be over 500 tobaggans --- send yarn!!!

6 comments:

Donald and Diane said...

Their beautiful, if I will try to remember to bring some yarn when we come in Jan.
Keep up the great work.
Diane

LOVIN' LIFE said...

I still want a cute little sweater like Zinty's! Let me know when I need to pick my colors! Miss ya!

Sandra said...

Donald & Diane,
I would love yarn! Thanks! Can't wait to see you!!

Kristin,
I wish I was talented enough to crochet a sweater like Zinty's. If I expand my abilities I will let you know!! :)
Stay safe throughout hurricane season!

Bethany said...

Great work Sandra! Spread the word. :)

Bethany said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bethany said...
This comment has been removed by the author.