Thursday, September 18, 2008

Life is Busy

Those of you who know me, know at times I can be "driven". God has been dealing with me in this area. (They say the first year as a missionary isn't so much what the missionary does as to what God does with the missionary!! Eish!! )
I led a devotion this week and God brought me past the verse Colossians 3:23 "Work hard and cheerfully at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people." No problem, I do this. But as I said, God brought me past this verse and has been having me focus on Proverbs 16:1-3 "We can gather our thoughts, but the Lord gives the right answer. People may be pure in their own eyes, but the Lord examines their motives. Commit your work to the Lord, and then your plans will succeed." I can't do any of the jobs I do as missionary, office manager, CarePoint overseer, planner for teams coming to Swaziland in my own strength. I am great at problem solving but if I don't seek God it might not be the right answer for that situation. If I do any of this for my own desires or pat on the back, it is in vain. If my work is to look good or be successful, I will fail. God is teaching me to "let go" of some things I try to organize or control and let Him take care of it. I'll try to share more on this on a different day. For now pray I continue to process these verses.

2 comments:

Rick and Heicha Britton said...

Momzilla huh? I saw a different mom; A mom who wanted to smile on faces, make sure we were extremely happy. A very soft caring and nurturing person, but with excellent leadership qualities and good character.
Thank you for making our down town during our mission trip a success. We really enjoyed your company.

Rick and Heicha Britton said...

sorry, i cant spell for some reason. I am still out of it from our trip home! That was horrile! Okay so making our down TIME not town a success. And wanted to put a smile on our faces...I bet you get it though.