Monday, December 24, 2007

Happy Birthday Jesus!!

I just wanted to jot a note to say I miss you all but here was my view this Christmas morning!!!
I heard a great sermon Sunday about seeking Christ! The Jews sought Christ (the shepherds); the Gentiles sought Christ (the wise men) and whosoever sought Christ (King Herod) but failed to recognize Him. It was interesting especially since the angel told the shepherds to go to the City of David, which back then was used both for Jerusalem and Bethlehem. The shepherds knew the prophesies and did not hesitate in trying to figure out the angel meant but immediately went to Bethlehem. This new year I want to know scripture better so I understand immediately what the Holy Spirit tries to communicate to me and to also persevere like the wise men who followed the star for 2 years. (Don't want to preach the sermon but it hit me and I hope it is food for thought for you.)
Happy Birthday Jesus!!! Love, hugs and friendship!!!

No comments: