Sunday, December 16, 2007

It's Holiday!

I told you I would let you in on why I was rushing around to get so much done last week. In Swaziland the schools run from Jan. until Dec. and then they are out from around Dec. 7th until Jan. 22nd. Now this makes sense, this is their summertime. What is strange is that a lot of businesses also close down from today until around Jan. 14th. That is why I was trying to get so much done last week. All our office people are out of here for the next 4 weeks. Many Swazis go to South Africa much like Georgians go to Florida.
I'm still working. In fact, today I am the vegetable delivery person for the Oasis @ Swaziland CarePoints. Even they are on shorter hours over the holiday! My Rav (that's my jeap like vehicle) is filled, and I mean weighed down with potatoes, onions and carrots.

I have been downloading the Oasis sermons online but I'm missing family and friends. Church is not the same. I need some of our praise and worship!!

Please email me and if you have keep trying but they aren't getting through send a short message to sandra@theoasischurch.org and telling me you are having trouble. I have not been able to email anything with a photo attached. I've only received emails from my mom and Scott and Dee and Steve recently. I am news deprived because the Internet is so slow here and no TV so just let me know what's going on in the world. Although I am in the office a lot over the holidays learning and organizing and will stop in to my CarePoints, I will have more time on my hands that after the middle of Jan. EMAIL ME!! Or make comments on my blog if your emails aren't getting through.

Otherwise all is well. I'm reading more and decided to start a jigsaw puzzle for the holidays. I'm also getting caught up on some of my DVD watching. Take care and Happy Holidays!

1 comment:

Tina Cooley said...

It sure does sound hot. Make sure not to forget your sun screen. You have freckles. I'm so glad the children don't know Santa. They will know All the gifts come from God. It give me such heartache to hear of the sick and mourning people. When you see the children walking the streets can't you get them and take them to a shelter? I'm so sad for them and the world has to be this way. I'm glad you are there to help them. Thank you My Dear sister