Thursday, December 20, 2007

I'm definately not starving!

What do a group of missionary ladies do just before Christmas? We have a make your favorite Christmas dish and share the recipe party!!! (I'm the one with the "HO" shirt that says repeat 3 times.) Now those of you who know me well, know that cooking is not my gifting, especially when they don't have all the ingredients I'm familiar with. We had a cooking day the day before. I had the Nathaniel and Joelle and Danielle (Teresa's, the one in peach, children) help me make a gingerbread CarePoint out of the closest I could come to graham crackers here -- called "tennis biscuits". We made icing to cement our creation from scratch!! 3 cups powdered sugar ("icing sugar" here), 1/4 teaspoon cream of tarter (someone had that but I'm not sure if it was from the states or not) and 2 egg whites (they do have eggs here :). We added candies and iced the plate to look like snow. It is in the center of the table. Christy (I hope you read her blog too) is already digging in. We had delicious meatballs, homemade scones, cinnamon rolls, pecan sandies, buckeyes, mincemeat pies, "brown pudding" (boring name for a chocolate delight), snickerdoodles (my favorite cookie), rich man's shortbread (delicious!), sugar cookies (decorated to the hilt) and I made my fruit smoothies (to add something a touch healthy)!
We opened with the Christmas story, stuffed ourselves sick, had a "dirty Santa" gift exchange (where you can steal the gift of the ones before you) and then watched the Nativity movie. Most of us hadn't had the opportunity to see it. It is very well done. We can't wait for the sequel. :)

This is also a picture of my friend Zinty. She also works with me and does a fantastic job! I look so big next to her. I know, I am big!
Merry Christmas! And don't eat as much as we did. We all needed a nap once our sugar levels all began to plummet. But boy was it delicious!!! I'll diet after the new year!!

No comments: